https://allegrocoaching.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Allegro_color-300x182.png 0 0 Amanda Blackburn https://allegrocoaching.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Allegro_color-300x182.png Amanda Blackburn2019-01-31 07:55:532021-05-20 08:58:50Sheet Pan Cuban Chicken & Black Bean Rice Bowl
*Spicy citrus seasoned chicken that’s inspired by cuban flavors. Complete each bowl with steamed rice, black beans, homemade mango salsa, and avocado for a dinner that’s packed with fresh flavors and healthy ingredients. Great for meal prep too!
- prep time 20 minutes
- cook time 20 minutes
- total time 40 minutes
- servings 6
- calories 285 kcal
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons orange zest, and orange juice
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 red or orange bell pepper, sliced
- 3 cups steamed white or brown rice
- 1 can (14 ounce) black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 red fresno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- Get Ingredients Powered by Chicory
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
2. On a rimmed baking sheet, combine the chicken, 2 tablespoons olive oil, soy sauce, garlic, oregano, cumin, cayenne, orange juice + zest, and lime juice + zest. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss well to evenly coat the chicken. Add the onions and bell peppers and toss with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Arrange everything in an even layer. Transfer to the oven. Roast for 20-25 minutes, tossing halfway through cooking until the chicken is cooked through and the onions have caramelized.
3. Meanwhile, make the salsa. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and toss to combine.
4. To serve, spoon the rice into bowls and top with black beans, chicken, peppers, and onions. Add avocado and the mango salsa to each bowl. Enjoy!
TO MEAL PREP:
1. Prepare as directed above through step 3.
2. Divide the rice among 4-6 storage containers and arrange the black beans chicken, peppers, and onions on top. Store the salsa and avocado separately and add just before serving.
3. Alternately, you can store the rice, chicken, and veggies in separate containers and assemble when ready. Food will keep in the fridge for up to 4-5 days.
4. Before serving, warm each bowl, if desired, and top with mango salsa and avocado.