https://allegrocoaching.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Allegro_color-300x182.png 0 0 Amanda Blackburn https://allegrocoaching.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Allegro_color-300x182.png Amanda Blackburn2019-01-07 11:46:452021-05-20 09:00:13Should you work out when you’re sick?
If you only have a cough or cold, take it easy.
- Give yourself permission to take a break.
- If you have a minor cold, it’s okay to work out. If you are used to exercise and working out regularly, people can feel better with exercise.
- Decrease the intensity and don’t push it.
- Cardio will feel harder with a upper respiratory infection. Consider a light workout like gentle yoga or a walk.
If you have a high temperature or flu symptoms, take a break.
- Quick Advice: The Neck check. Don’t work out if your symptoms occur below the neck.
- When your body has the flu: chills, nausea, diarrhea or vomiting – Do not exercise until you’re feeling better and you haven’t had a fever free for 24 hours.
- If you’re extremely tired, it’s better not to work out when you’re sick.